Thread: One HUGE cat!
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 10:47 AM
Feather3

OMG He's GORGEOUS. I had a Maine Coon mix. His mother was a very tiny short hair calico. I never saw the father, who had to be Maine Coon & be nearby, as the mother had other litters with Maine Coon kittens. However he looked full Maine Coon with thick long hair. He was colored like a Brown Mackerel Tabby. His growth was stunted due to a fighting chicken (farm setting) chasing the kittens away from the food & eating it. At 7 months of age he sat in my palm. He was so tiny for his age. I rescued him & took him home. In 2 weeks he trippled in size & kept on growing like a weed. He maxed out at about 20 pounds & stood 12 inches at the shoulders. Once he settled in (about a month) he stopped using a litter pan & went to the door just like the dog. He would rattle the door knob & say "owww out" when he wanted to go outside. He ruled several blocks on 2 streets. No other males allowed in his territory. He was fixed too. All my neighbors loved him. He passed at age 17 from kidney failure. In his litter were 2 short hairs, one was all gray, the other one was calico & another Maine Coon that was Red Mackerel. I found a home for the Maine Coon Red Mackerel, but the other 2 got hit by cars. Sadly I am now allergic to cats. If I weren't I have another Maine Coon.