Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 89

Thread: One HUGE cat!

  1. #1
    Power Poster feline fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    10,246
    A while ago there was a topic about our cats and I had mentioned about my Avatar cat Finnigan. He is a 30 pounder (or darn close to it) and when laid out on me streches from my knees to my chest. Sew Joyce and few others said they wanted to see pictures of that so here ya go!

    Finnigan and me
    Name:  Attachment-96921.jpe
Views: 339
Size:  89.8 KB

  2. #2
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,457
    OMG I thought my Carmello was big- he's 19.3 but would look small next to yours!! Your baby is soooooo cute :D

  3. #3
    Power Poster littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,955
    He is HUGE. I thought my Gus was big.

  4. #4
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,080
    Blog Entries
    1
    Whoa! That kitty is HUGE :D:D:D

  5. #5
    Senior Member cattailsquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Apache Junction, AZ
    Posts
    587
    Oh good lord! That is a HUGE cat! He'll keep ya warm at night!

  6. #6
    Moderator tlrnhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the middle of a mess...
    Posts
    20,034
    And ya'll thought Big Boy was big!
    His last weight was 24 lbs

    Finnegan sure is a beautiful boy! He's NOT fat, he's big boned!!

  7. #7
    Super Member Lisanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,214
    LOL, he's one big kitty!

    Why is it that fat cats look plush and beautiful, and I just look fat?

  8. #8
    Super Member dellareya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, Ca
    Posts
    1,608
    Blog Entries
    2
    When you say, "Here Kitty, Kitty" to this cat you'd better step out of the way! Finnigan is the King Kat in my book.

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,304
    You have a small horse posing as a cat! What a baby!

  10. #10
    Power Poster feline fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    10,246
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    And ya'll thought Big Boy was big!
    His last weight was 24 lbs

    Finnegan sure is a beautiful boy! He's NOT fat, he's big boned!!
    He is big boned and FAT. :lol: :lol: We had him on a diet a while bag and got him pared down to a svelte 21 lbs but he was still big, just didn't have that belly fat like now. I try to limit his food but with 5 cats it's pretty hard. He doesn't jump too well but still manages to get up on the table where the other cats food is so he doesn't whither away to nothing or at least that is his opinion.

  11. #11
    Super Member dglvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    3,994
    Wow now thats a cat. :thumbup:

  12. #12
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,457
    I can't wait til my hubby gets home to see your baby. He will flip!! What a beautiful face kitty has!! :D
    He looks a lot like our cat Fluffles, who was Main Coon, big, but nowhere as big. Love his coloring, Carmello is more stripey.

  13. #13
    Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,704
    Wow he is a big boy! Is he Maine Coon? I know Maine Coon males can get that big. He is beautiful and so laid-back to sit on you like that!

  14. #14
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisanne
    LOL, he's one big kitty!

    Why is it that fat cats look plush and beautiful, and I just look fat?
    OMG I just burst out laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hear ya!! :mrgreen:

  15. #15
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    And ya'll thought Big Boy was big!
    His last weight was 24 lbs

    Finnegan sure is a beautiful boy! He's NOT fat, he's big boned!!
    He is big boned and FAT. :lol: :lol: We had him on a diet a while bag and got him pared down to a svelte 21 lbs but he was still big, just didn't have that belly fat like now. I try to limit his food but with 5 cats it's pretty hard. He doesn't jump too well but still manages to get up on the table where the other cats food is so he doesn't whither away to nothing or at least that is his opinion.
    I have the same problem, b/c we have 5 cats also and he's the only porker. The rest, including his Mom, are tiny!! :D

  16. #16
    pookie ookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Trifid Nebula
    Posts
    1,305
    Wow. Pic made me curse in exclamation. Looks like he ate a kindergartener. He's beautiful but keep small children out of his reach.

  17. #17
    Power Poster feline fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    10,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats
    Wow he is a big boy! Is he Maine Coon? I know Maine Coon males can get that big. He is beautiful and so laid-back to sit on you like that!
    Yes he is a Maine Coon. I got him from a breeder out near Boston. In my avatar he is still a kitten at 5 months old.

    He is really laid back with DH and me but when visitors come he is a big ol scaredy cat and can't get out of his own way fast enough to run away and hide. He is fine when my brother comes to visit and stays for a while. After a few hours he comes out of hiding and within 24 hours he is trying to sprawl out on my brother as well. When he purrs you can hear him in the next room.

  18. #18
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    KC MO
    Posts
    1,401
    Blog Entries
    6
    My Himalayan weighs about that also, just nothing but a big fat baby..but I gotta love him. Love when people come to the house and tell me they have never seen a cat that big.LOL!! Yours is beautiful!!

  19. #19
    Super Member Ditter43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Crystal River Florida
    Posts
    9,790
    He is a big boy!! He looks so mellow!! The big ones are always the ones who want to be in your lap all the time too.
    When my cat Chester was here(a 20#furbaby)He was always jumping in my lap.
    I can imagine another 10# would be hot and heavy! :-D

  20. #20
    Senior Member Baysidegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    996
    Maine Coon....Got to be...My sis and I are picking our new MC kitten up on Monday..Can't wait..have always wanted one

  21. #21
    Super Member kristen0112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    2,442
    Oh MY! Is he part mountain cat he's huge. He's pretty and all that soft fur.

  22. #22
    Super Member wvdek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    A million dollar view!
    Posts
    8,885
    Holey moley, he is HUGE! He looks like three cats in one. Yep, gives a whole new meaning to, "Here kitty, kitty, kitty".
    Beautiful.

  23. #23
    Ms. Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Madison Heights, VA
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    A while ago there was a topic about our cats and I had mentioned about my Avatar cat Finnigan. He is a 30 pounder (or darn close to it) and when laid out on me streches from my knees to my chest. Sew Joyce and few others said they wanted to see pictures of that so here ya go!
    OMG! WOW! That's one BIG Kitty! He's Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!! :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :XD: :thumbup:

  24. #24
    Super Member NikkiLu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    So. Central MO
    Posts
    2,736
    Blog Entries
    1
    Holy Cow - and I mean that in a nice way!

  25. #25
    Super Member icon17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington,State
    Posts
    1,685
    What type of cat is that my hubby loves it! :-D

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.