View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 06:44 AM
CanoePam

Default Experience with Winline wool batting

I bought some of this for a local quilt shop. The owner said it was great. Then again, what do you expect her to say? When I laid it out, there was a definite diagonal line where it looked like two batts had been pressed together at the manufacturer. It also had one spot, maybe 2x3" that was thinner, almost a hole. Since I needed the quilt sandwiched on Sunday (shops aren't open), I went ahead with the batt. I will be quilting it no less than every 2" in an all-over meander so I can handle some non-conformity. I love wool batting for "grown up" quilts, and this one is for my husband as a lap quilt; he wanted a super big one so it is 60x80! I have used Quilter Dream and Hobbs wool in the past, but the shop didn't have any. I had queen sized and king sized wool batts, but nothing this size which is why I bought this. It is quilting well so far.I guess my question is whether anyone else has had problems with this batting. Did I just get a bad bit? It seems popular with the quilt shops around here since the distributor is local. Pam