Thread: Discard UFOs?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 02:51 AM
annesthreads

Originally Posted by Jenny Smith View Post
Hello annesthreads

I am so sorry to hear of your dilemma ........you should definitely get rid of ( non- joyful) UFOs........once they are out of your way...hopefully donated to someone who will complete them for you and donate them to a worthy cause....you will feel that you can " be creative " in your own way.

I rarely get as far up the country as Yorkshire( although I do have a close friend who is attending a hospital in Sheffield, so could arrange a meet ) .....and would offer my piecing and quilting services as a last resort !!!...lol
K
Jenny....( in Agadir )
Hello Jenny. Well, I can't think why you'd prefer Morocco to Lowestoft in the winter (: I'm very pleased that my post coaxed you out of lurkdom.

You have it exactly - I think the UFOs are a weight that stifles my enthusiasm and creativity - the feeling that I "ought" to finish them before I explore where I'd like to go next. And guilt at having wasted so much and ended up in this situation. Or that I should keep them to use for quilting practice ( there is a case to be made for that, but I think the effect they're having is too toxic). I'm going to do as Marie Kondo decrees - handle each one and see if it sparks any joy. A few may still do so, some, I'm sure, will just feel like lead.

I've had a helpful reply from Linus UK, and a friend knows of a group who have a twice-yearly meet to quilt for a neonatal unit, so it looks as if my quilts can find loving homes. But I'll bear your offer in mind - more than happy to drive to Lowestoft and leave them all on your doorstep!