View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 09:41 AM
rryder

I fell off the wagon big time this past month. Let's see, I used up all but 1/4 yard of my Paula Nadelstern Scribbles fabric so I decided to replace it. It is a favorite of mine for adding a little sizzle to a quilt. Then I found out it wasn't being printed any more. OH NO! Found a place on Easy that still had some for about $9 per yard as opposed to the $20 per yard another shop was charging for it. Bought 1 yard each of purple, pink and yellow and 2 yards of royal blue. Then I saw that they had a very nice Paula Nadlestern multicolor wide stripe for $7 per yard-- Bought a yard. That's 6 yards. Theoretically, the Paula Nadelstern could be counted as dark darks, but these particular ones aren't widely available anymore so I chose to count them as exciting prints to spice up a quilt with. That meant that I was running low not only on lights but also dark darks, so ended up buying assorted yardage of each for another l0 yards. Err--that's 16 yards total. Then decided that I needed to replenish my stash of non batik prints- so went with a Connecting Threads Fat quarter pack in mid century modern style--that's another 4 yards. By my count, that's 20 yards of fabric this month. Oh Dear.... It WILL all get used and I've still got less fabric now than I had this time last year, so it's not all naughty....

Rob