2016 Fabric Moratorium

Old 12-27-2016, 02:13 PM

I think I would be about even, maybe even down a little fabric from the beginning of the year except for all the fabric that was given to me by a photographer friend who retired and shut down his studio--- That added at least 50 yards, maybe more, I haven't measured.

I mainly purchased backing fabric when needed, or blenders/values I was out of, though there were several falls off the wagon when fabric I really didn't need ended up in my cart along with what was needed to finish projects. But, thanks to the UFO challenge I finished a lot of UFOs (18 or 19 I think), as well as several new art pieces, a bunch of large and small casserole sized table protectors and mug rugs and 5 stitch and fold candle wreaths all of which used mostly fabric from stash, which helped to offset my falls off the wagon. All in all, I'm feeling pretty good about not having substantially increased my stash (through purchases) as I have done in previous years LOL.

Now I need to get back to making some crumb and string quilts so I can get my scraps back under control

Rob
Old 12-27-2016, 04:12 PM
Power Poster

I'm home...just 5+ yards later...finished off a sales bolt of French General fabric, a large scale bird fabric...almost like a toile...I'm thinking a big square block quilt to go on their king size bed...at 50% off I couldn't pass it up...I'll just put it in my 2017 budget.....I was so busy this morning...a coworker was in for herself and started cutting for me....didn't give me time to look!
Old 12-28-2016, 02:10 PM

I got rid of a bunch of fabric, completed a ton of UFO's mostly bought just what I needed but not always sigh I think I am just a bit to the positive side but not by much lol. I really have been avoiding shopping so that helps ")