Thread: Help!!
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 07:46 AM
kbiederman

The unfinished top is about 59x79. I am free motion quilting it on my Singer, regular machine. I was aphrensive to stich in the ditch, as it would show how I can NOT stich a straight line that has to show. (Especially on the back where it would be plainly evident!)
I am making a d9p, and started with sewing inside each of the blocks. Instead of stiching in the ditch, I made a "wavy" line around the inside of each block. (I am sure there is a name for it but I don't know it.) This gave me more "room" for mistakes :)
Don't laugh, but I am not altogether sure how to drop the feed dogs on my machine, and I was scared that the quilt would go all over the place if I did. This is somewhat of a "practice" quilt for one I want to make for my DD, and didn't want to "figure it out" on hers. I am hoping to get out and find a walking foot today, and either use it to finish my blocks, or to do some additional quilting inside the blocks once I have them all done.
SOOOO, what can you tell me that I should do differently on the REAL one? Lol, this one has turned out beautifully. Thanks for all your help!! ~K