View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 07:41 PM
slbram17

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
Well--perhaps it was marked up, but the store I went to said it was closed one day only to prepare--and the bolts I pulled out had the original price tags on them and the clerk used that to take the price to discount off of. Whether they upped prices on items like sewing machines, etc, hard to say. I do know that the Accuquilt die I looked at was the same price as found on line and the 20% off was nice. Since I usually use Hancock coupons on purchases and gauge fabric so I can use them, the 20% off wasn't huge--but I was able to buy LOTS of items and spend quite a bit less--more than the coupons would have given me.
I am so sorry about people losing jobs--had just been in about a week before this and an older lady was saying how nice it was to work there and be able to walk to work since they only have one car. from what I was told the investors that Hancock's had planned on helping them get out of bankruptcy backed out last minute.
I don't shop Hobby Lobby for personal reasons, and the closest Joanne's has a snarky manager and they really need many more workers. I can get to another Joanne's,but just not as convenient. Mostly I buy from the LQS or on line--but I'm a tactile person and like to touch my fabric first!
I was just in the local Hancocks Tuesday, discounts are off the list price, and still about 20 percent (to 50 percent off patterns). I am interested in heavier weight material for slipcovers. .The price before the discount is $24.99. Hancocks regularly had 50 percent off on their upholstery material. So 20 percent is not helpful, when I could have purchased it for $12.50 plus another 20-25 percent off that with a coupon. Can't bring myself to buy it from the liquidator now.

A little disappointing, but still have a lot of sympathy for the employees who are still working in the store. Has to be stressful.