Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Hancock's Liquidation Sale has started >

Hancock's Liquidation Sale has started

Hancock's Liquidation Sale has started

Old 04-12-2016, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by mojo11 View Post
I drove 90 minutes to my closest Hancock's last week. What a rip off! Seems like everything was more expensive before the 20% off. I've never $7.00 for a package of Clover quilting needles - one example. Then had to buy a 2 yard minimum for fabrics. The per-yard price on most the quilting fabric was $9-12 even tho I have purchased the same fabric before for $4.99 per yard. I bought a few fat quarters and left. Over 1/3 of the store was fleece.
I have seen a lot of posts where the shoppers are surprised at the liquidator's pricing. Especially if the store liquidation is the early stages. I really don't need anything but I was interested in heavier weight material that I can use for slipcovers. Last Tuesday, I checked pricing and it is higher than if I bought at the Hancocks routine sales (they usually discounted upholstery at 50 percent off). But I do realize this is a liquidation, and I am seeing the liquidator's pricing. So I will still miss Hancocks and feel so sorry for their employees losing their employment.