View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 09:29 PM
KwiltyKahy

Prices have not been changed , the discount will get bigger as the liquidation goes on. We are one of the first group and fleece is now 80% OFF.
Originally Posted by Linda Renfro View Post
Our local newspaper had an article in it yesterday about Hancock's closing. They went on to say that the new owner is known for buying up failing businesses and jacking up the prices then giving the discount of 20% or whatever, when really it's not a discount at all. I don't know if this is true or not, but it was in the newspaper...so I thought I would pass it along. I guess that's where that saying comes in BUYERS BEWARE.

Here is the article from the paperBe wary of Hancock Fabrics' closeout 'deals'
#spacechicken
Jeremy Cox, [email protected] 4:31 p.m. EDT April 7, 2016
290 Shares facebook sharetwitter shareemail shareemail share
Scissors, pins and fabric scraps.Buy Photo

Scissors, pins and fabric scraps. (Photo: Staff photo by Jay Diem)

Bad news for people who like to make their own clothes: Hancock Fabrics is going out of business and closing all of its stores, including its Salisbury location.

The good news? The retailer is liquidating its merchandise online and at its remaining 185 retail stores, including its location in the Twilley Centre off Mount Hermon Road. Right now, that means "savings" on everything of 20-50 percent, which will only get deeper as the sell-off continues.

I say "savings" because they're not really discounting much of anything yet. The Consumerist has the details, but basically the new owner is notorious for buying ailing retail brands (such as Circuit City and Ritz Camera), jacking up the prices, slashing the higher prices and calling it a sale.

DELMARVA DAILY TIMES