View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 10:21 AM
[email protected]

Default Help advice & direction needed

I will attempt to shorten a VERY long story, but I started a journey to fix and make pretty one treadle machine (model 27, 1912) I knew the original owner of her but then ended up with a few more LOL. (Do they breed and multiply? A year has past and some family issues kept me from finishing my task but now I must follow through.

I have two model 27's Sphinx logo(1901 and 1912) a model 66 Red Eye (1916) and another model 66, 1926 with a motor on it in good shape and I thought to swap out some parts from.
I love the Red Eye decals and the Sphinx, but the Spinx are not in the best shape. I want to keep a minimum of one machine and maximum of two. What things should I consider as I sort out what to keep and what to get rid of. On the #27 models I have gone over them, cleaned and oiled them and they seem to be in good shape. I am not sure on the tension knob yet I would have to check it out and work on the timing. My goal is to have a good treadle in working condition.

I have not cleaned or gone over the #66 model yet, but that is one of my next projects, maybe for tonight.
I have one cabinet for the #27 to refinish and already have the metal based cleaned. So ANY thoughts or input would be helpful. I just need a little direction.
I do have pictures if that would help.