View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 01:47 PM
grandmahoney

Default Cleaning Raddedy Ann

Originally Posted by Briet View Post
Hi Friends

I made a large Raggedy Ann doll for my daughter 40 (!) years ago and it has sat in a chair for years. Can anyone give me some advice on cleaning the doll. I've washed and ironed the clothing, but the body and hair is so dusty. I don't remember what I stuffed the doll with, but the hair is yarn. Remember finishing her up about 3 am on Christmas Eve!!! lol Five year olds have no idea what their parents go through! Tia in advance for any help.

Shelor
If the doll is just dusty put here in the dryer on air dry with a bed sheet and let the dryer beat the dust out of her.
If you put water and soap on her when she dries you will have water rings on her. If she dirty and not just dusty I would make a old pillow case and put her in it and sew the pillow top close and wash her in cold water. (the reason for sewing the pillow top close is just in case the doll should come apart. You won't want the mess in you washing machine or sewer line.) If your really unsure I would take her to the dry cleaners and see what they would charge to clean her.