Old 01-26-2010, 07:22 AM
aliaslaceygreen

Originally Posted by QBeth
Originally Posted by aliaslaceygreen
QBeth, this is a bit familiar to me....my DH's first wife believed he should be working ALL the time, because his union job 'used to be' (back when HER parents were young) the best thing out there. She thought NOTHING of expecting him to work 16 hours a day all week.

And she F#%# 'd his credit beyond belief.

He now has a reasonable credit rating, a far better understanding of financial goals over and above 'it's only another $13 a month...I can handle $13 a month' (his rationale for any purchase)

AND he buys cars. (USED, thank the lord ) And then as I call it, he has to decorate them...I don't ASK how much the new wheels (you GOT new wheels? What did the old ones look like?) cost, because I would hyperventilate.

I don't discuss how much my fabric costs. He doesn't notice its addition into the already overcrowded conditions of my studio. It works.

And, although he doesn't cook MUCH, he does the dishes with some regularity. And laundry. No vacuuming unless I threaten.....
Wow, you do know what I'm talking about! I'm guessing there's a lot of us who have similar stories.

As long as my guy meets his financial obligation to me (we're living together, he pays me a fixed amount each month), I don't care how he spends his money as long as he doesn't go into debt. I'm not exactly his watchdog, so to speak, but he knows that he has to rebuild his credit score before I'll even think of marrying him (he's asked, I said no).

He is definitely a keeper! We'd been dating only five months when I had to have major surgery. He stayed right by me, taking incredible care of me. I'd never had that before, even from my own family. In addition to being one of the most caring people I've ever met, he cooks, does his own laundry, handles the dishwasher and rubbish, and puts gas in my car without me asking (wish he didn't, he needs to save). On the down side, we both agree he's a professional slob but we've made peace with it (i.e., he hits my slob quota, I huff & puff, and he starts picking things up :-) ). I know I'm an incredibly lucky lady to have him in my life!
oh, I bet there are loads of stories like this. My DH puts up with my slob qualities...I always remind him he didn't marry me for my domestic abilities...
Glad you found someone so wonderful to you~~~