Old 01-26-2010, 07:41 AM
aliaslaceygreen

Originally Posted by sylslight
To all the ladies whose husbands "encourage" them: omg! Congradulations on a keeper(well, they probably are keepers even if they dontor we wouldnt have married them) but i have to tell you about the last time i went to JoAnns.

I brought my husband with me. Now, normally he's kinda impatient but will look around at the clearance stuff while i pick out what I want. However, this last time, i went to buy JUST binding and some matching thread for my baby blanket i am making. That's it. Unknown to me, my husband followed me, and what i needed was right by the baby novelty fabrics.

here we go! he brought me a bolt (while i am trying to compare and decide) and asks, can we use this for the back? I tell him no, it doesnt match, and remind him of what i am doing. So he comes back a few minutes later with another bolt, all excited! "how bout this one" by now i am kinda amused...and he does seem excited, but i have to remind him once again that it wont go with what i am purchasing...i'm kinda picky. oh that man. i love him dearly....he finally found one i could work with, just not "quite right"..now mind you, i already had the backing, but i occured to me with all his bouncing around (we spent 1/2 hour just looking at the baby stuff..well, he did, all excited and wanting about half of them), that he reall wanted to help in some way.

so i helped him choose an appropriate fabric for the batting. I suggested that he could get a few other yards of different stuff and do his own but he wasnt interested in that, lol. just the fabric. i literally had to drag him away from the baby stuff so i could pay. and of course, everyone in there has now noticed my bouncy husband and me getting exasperated, and of course laughing about it.

husbands, what would we do without them? lol I really appreciate the fact that he wants to be part of it but really? i dont need tons of baby fabric! lol
Thats cute~~~