View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 05:51 AM
sparkys_mom

I had a similar experience with a friend. He said, since he knew I quilted that I might be able to give him some advice on mending an expensive pair of trousers that he had put a three corner tear into. Of course what he really wanted was for me to mend them. I referred him to an alterations place telling him it was where I took all of my hemming, alterations, etc. for my own clothing (and I do!). It was never mentioned again.

Originally Posted by deedum View Post
People think because I have one or two sewing machines and possibly more and a sewing room that I can sew or mend anything they have and for free. Just last week I was asked to repair a blouse and a former neighbor asked me to repair some items for her and now my dn asked me to hem her chiffon dress. No. I don't have a shingle out saying "Will do mending and repairs"! I sew quilts or whatever because I want to, I don't want to get this started. I wouldn't know where to start with chiffon. I give them the name of a local mending and repair store that does have there shingle out for business.