Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
"Just let me get my magic wand..." >

"Just let me get my magic wand..."

"Just let me get my magic wand..."

Old 12-28-2017, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieF View Post
I made a lovely memory quilt for my husband years ago.....going to the trouble of doing the photo onto fabric and personalizing it all...and he loved it. Fast forward to a few years later when he promised a woman he worked with (whom I didn't know) that I would make her the same kind of quilt.....not being paid... just out of the goodness of my heart....for her first grandchild. She would give him the photos she wanted on the quilt. I never even gave it a thought when I told him no and he was fluxomed.....wondering why I wouldn't do it. I told him that when he gave me $300 for my quilt making services, I would make the quilt....obviously the $300 never materialized...nor did the quilt. He's never promised my services again.....what nerve!

LOve this.

sandy
Old 12-29-2017, 09:33 AM

I just tell people politely that I dont quilt on commission. One lady thought I had quilts just stacked up premade to sell. Um..no... I have found that I don't do well on quilts I HAVE to make. It becomes an obligation and I quit working on it.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:57 AM
Power Poster

Keep these posts coming! I can't stop laughing
Old 12-29-2017, 12:12 PM

Last fall a lady who had come to our quilting group to learn a little about quilting contacted us again.
Would we please make ten rag quilts of a significant size, incorporating an individually embroidered square, for her volunteers?
She offered to pay for the fabric and would give us a very nice thank you (words).
And we had a whole month.
One of the more polite members advised her about the amount of work and suggested she buy fleece blankets for them.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:37 PM

Many, many years ago (when fabric was about $5/yard), DH came fabric shopping with me. He then watched me make the quilt -- it took several months. When someone asks him about my hobby of making quilts, he talks about my quilting he always mentions that it is a very expensive hobby and takes a lot of time -- saying no one can appreciate how long it takes to do the work. Needless to say, he does not commit me to making quilts for anyone.
Old 12-31-2017, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 View Post
Many, many years ago (when fabric was about $5/yard), DH came fabric shopping with me. He then watched me make the quilt -- it took several months. When someone asks him about my hobby of making quilts, he talks about my quilting he always mentions that it is a very expensive hobby and takes a lot of time -- saying no one can appreciate how long it takes to do the work. Needless to say, he does not commit me to making quilts for anyone.
He's a keeper!!!