View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 12:26 PM
madamekelly

Another "wand" story- is my DD has a friend, who figured out that I sew. He brought me a very thin, well worn Tshirt, and some leather pieces that he wanted me to use to put patches on the Tshirt with! The weight of the leather would have shredded the Tshirt, and I do not sew leather at all especially not on my quilting machine. Still makes me laugh.

I once agreed to make a wedding dress for a bride who was recent arrival from Russia. I told her to get the fabric, pattern, and explained how the list of notions worked. I heard nothing out of her for six months. I figured she had just bought a dress. Four days before the wedding she showed up, with fabric, pattern, notions, and even thread. This was before I learned to "just say no." I managed to get her white satin dress with silver shot lace sleeves, and silver sequins hand sewn on, and ready two hours before the wedding. She had agreed to pay me when she got back from her honeymoon. Imagine my chagrin when she came by and handed me an envelope with $10 in it....(To be fair, when her new hubby found out what she had paid me, he brought me another $190. In her experience, $10 was a huge fortune, especially in American money.) That was the last wedding dress I made.