View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 09:01 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Hi, Don--I make t-shirt quilts for lots of family & customers--I start by cutting the front (or back) off the neck & sleeves. I then do measurements of the logos so that I have something to work with when trying to figure out a design. I use a very lightweight fusible (pellon 906 or 911 max). I fuse the logo then I cut the logo piece into the square or rectangle I plan to use. While having all the logos the same size makes for an easy layout with the same size sashings, and nice, neat borders, it doesnt seem like that ever happens! So get out the graph paper and plug in the different sizes of the shirts. Be careful with those shirts that have the plastic type logos--they melt if you them with an iron and if you sew through them it causes trouble too. I usually just do a meander or do a continous design on the sashings and something else on borders, and then just outline the logos (sometimes you have to be creative to get the logo quilted enough so it doesn't sag. Good luck and post pictures. (also, if any of the shirts have seen better days and have some stains--which often happens with whites, I first soak in hot water and Cascade Dishwasher detergent, and then wash--helps).