View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 09:59 AM
RosaSharon

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Everyone is going to answer that their machine is best! I would visit sewing machine dealers in your area. Purchasing a machine from a dealer will give you someone to call if you have a problem. Many dealers have previously owned machines that they sell with a limited warranty and sometimes a lesson or two on basic usage & maintenance. Until you decide what type of quilting you are going to do, an entry level machine with a zigzag stitch, needle down option and a built in threader is really all you need. If you like quilting, you can eventually invest in a machine with more bells & whistles.
I agree with PaperPrincess. Buy from a local dealer. I was given 4 hours free lessons when I bought my wonderful Pfaff. I have had free advise over the phone when I didn't know what I was doing, and have stopped in with my Pfaff thinking it needed servicing when the person on the floor did a minor adjustment for free. I also take it in for a yearly maintenance without having to send it through the mail somewhere.