View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 11:35 AM
Mickey2

Originally Posted by ndnchf View Post
Mickey2 - I saw another Domestic, in brown crinkle finish at another shop with a $25 price tag...I can get you the contact information if you are.
Nothing wrong with the price, but I wonder how much it would cost to send it over seas? (I'm in Norway). It might surive the trip. After my interest fell on vintage sewing machines I noticed these early rotary bobbin machines and read some very positve feed back from someone who fixed up a treadle version of it. I have read the motor pulley can be noisy, but the treadle version is suppose to be super smooth. If a machine turns up here (I have seen later Whites and Domestic models, like two or three literally the last three years) I might get it and try to set it up with a belt driven motor if it can be converted. They are usually quiet. I have replaced a rubber pulley on an Elna Supermatic and I was lucky to get a aluminium version with rubber O-rings, very easy and and no fuzz to replaced when needed. It might work on a Domestic too? The metal bit could in theory be spray painted black or brown.