View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 08:49 PM
sidskid

Originally Posted by catlady506
Yes I would like to know what online stores to buy fabric are good. I hate paying the extra for shipping!!! Thanks.
Since we only have one LQS, I buy a lot online. My favorites are The Fat Quarter Shop, Virginia Quilters, eQuilters.com, Hancocks of Paducah, and Keepsake Quilting. I stick to the major brands. If I am buying from an onlline shop I am not familiar with, or a brand I have not used before, I buy just one or two small pieces, just to see how I like it. The shipping cost doesn't bother me anymore. I live about 60 miles from Hancocks of Paducah, but I would rather sit at the computer and shop than make the drive, unless I plan on buying a lot of fabric that I need to see all at once to know that it will work for what I have planned. Our Walmart doesn't carry fabric anymore, but I rarely bought fabric there. I will buy some fabric from Joann's quilter lines, but not very often. I like to buy several fabrics from the line, and they don't carry enough variety in one line to suit me. My LQS carries beautiful fabrics from major lines, and I buy there first, but they just don't have the variety you can get online.