View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 04:16 AM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
Hi Janey,
I don't have an Atlas machine(yet!) so I'm probably not going to be much help ...
Oh, shucky darn.

...you may have to expand your search to include other Brother built brands(go by picture not model), ...
I don't know all the other badge names for Brother, but knowing that this Atlas was built by Brother. I did search for Brother. The Galaxie 230 is closest except for the drop feed knob on the bed. http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MID-...IAAOSw9ZdXKToK

I've only seen pics of a set of Atlas cams once and can't remember what they looked like, only that they were in a marked box. ...
What kind of "marked box"??? Most of the vintage cams just seem to say "Deluxe Zig Zag" I'm guessing that the Atlas ones would have come in a pink box, but don't know as can't seem to find a picture of an Atlas with cams. - just the Galaxie 230.

The wick thingy is similar to what some of my Brother machines have. If the wicks are hard then you should clean or replace them. Is there also a plastic oiling system, or what I call an oil rail on the under side of the machine top? My machines that have this wick also have the oil rail.
Cari
I'll try to get a better picture of the underside of the top and the wicks. I looked at it a little closer (actually removed metal piece that has the wicks coming out of it. The wicks are fairly short and a knot on the end so they don't come through.

More later,

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.