Old 05-31-2016, 05:27 PM
Rhondals

Default Layer Cake or Yardage? What Would You Do?

I'm going to do the Row By Row Experience, which means 37 quilt shops in a week. I want the license plates. I already have one from Missouri Star Quilt Company. I'm visiting every shop in MO that I can get a hold of, except those in St. Louis which is too far.

I'm going to make the Tipsy Tumbler quilt for my 25 year old son. I need 90 10 inch black squares. I have a template to make the 90 charm squares also the template for the tipsy tumbler.

I just tried to cut a 10 inch practice square. I think I need a larger self healing mat. I have a very large one, and a 24 inch one. I'll take care of that at the infamous adventure of 37 shops.

I'm tempted to click on 2 packages of 10 inch layer cakes, but that would only be 84, not 90.....or even buy 3 black layer cakes next week. But a 3 yards of black would be cheaper by far. I don't know which to do? The block makes up easy. I'm lost. What would you do? Buy a larger mat and start cutting? There's no 10 inch die cut, or you bet I'd jump on that.