View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 05:38 PM
topstitcher1

:-o
Hello, I'm been sewing/quilting/crafting/garment construction/wedding gown/ you name it, I sew it person, for 46 years and am also a sewing machine tech. I can tell you to go to any place that repairs sewing machines, even the sew/vacuum places and they will honestly tell you which ones are usually or always in for repairs or updates. Pfaff was sold a few years ago and are no longer the quality that was, also with Bernina, I know, there are lots & lots of Bernina snobs out there, but just because something is the most expensive and 'used' to be the best they also have compromised and have not the quality that they once had. I personally have burned out 4 motors in several of the more notable name brands and I finally, after repairing machines for so long chose a Janome 6600 machine. These machines are built like they used to make 7 - 12 years ago. A real work horse these machines are, and warranted for 25 YEARS! Yep, 25. I don't sell any brand, I just repair. And of all the ones that come in I rarely see Janomes' - usually the yearly clean, oil, & lube, and sometimes an abused one... (dropped) Think about your car, if you never oiled it, it will seize up and not run, same w/a sewing machine. If you can afford it get quality over price. I can't tell you how many times someone has bought a Cosco, Wal-Mart, Target, Jo Ann's ...etc. machine and it has barely lasted 3 months and the repairs I have to make double the cost of the machine, & at that God only know how much use they will get with it.
Well, that's my 2 cents worth... hope it helps