Thread: Quilt magazines
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 08:05 PM
deedum

Here is what I have done and did this week again in fact. I go thru each magazine, if I see several things that i love, then I write on it KEEP. If it is only one or two things that I like, I tear out the pages and put in binders and pitch the rest of the magazine. If I find nothing in the magazine I want and it is in excellent conditon then I mark give away on it with a sticky note. Now here is the real tip! When I get a stack of them 6 or 8, whatever then I tie a nice bow on them with a gift card and take to my quilter friend who has been ill or under the weather. What an excellent birthday present or feeling under the weather present. They then can choose to keep or pitch or pass on. It gives something to look at when they can't sew or dont feel like it. You can make a gift basket and put other things with it also. I got this idea from a friend of mine who brought me about 10 mazagines she got at a church garage sale. I just got home from the hospital at the time. Tied with a beautiful bow, she said I could buy you one magazine for a lot more than the 10 magazine cost. Yet which would I get more enjoyment out of? She hope I was not offended! I was thrilled beyond words, what an excellent idea and how thoughtful and smart!!!! I have use this tip many times! Hope this helps someone else.

Last edited by deedum; 06-04-2016 at 08:11 PM.