View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 12:29 PM
tlpa

Originally Posted by sharonve View Post
I'll bet nobody else has this "hobby"..........catching voles. When we came home from Texas voles had taken up residence under our sunroom and had made grooves all over our yard under the snow looking for grass to eat. So I looked online and discovered how to catch them. Only caught a few but now I think they're reproducing because I have caught 16 already. They are smaller and cuter than mice with beautiful thick charcoal fur but they aren't too smart. They go after the peanut butter oatmeal mixture on the mousetraps and get caught by the nose. Fortunately I'm not afraid of rodents!
...what you need is a little terrier! I have a Jack Russel/Beagle, and she is a great mouse/vole exterminator. She rid my yard of all these varments (I do have to watch her with ground hogs though, cause she would go after them too if I let her. Funny story, she actually sent one into a tree once...I didn't know ground hogs could climb trees! I was glad she didn't catch it!).

Watson is gorgeous! I love horses! Other hobbies of mine....biking & hiking (I am slowing down though), fostering cats & dogs, cross stitch, knitting & crocheting...I've given up painting just for lack of time.