Old 06-14-2016, 07:59 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

It is awkward, for me, anyway - to get something I really don't care for - and I know the giver's feelings would be very hurt if I passed it on or tried to return it. So the item is setting on a shelf in my closet.

I think that's why some of us resort to gift certificates or cash or easily exchanged items when gifting.

Our families have pretty much stopped doing gift exchanges. It has made life soooooo much simpler.
Most of us are at the stage where we pretty much have what we need/want - and the "kids" don't have space for doo-dads.

I think it is helpful/stress relieving if the giver says "this made me think of you - but it's okay to pass it on when you are 'done' with it."

I prefer potholders and towels and the like to be utilitarian/functional rather than "cutesy" - I am able to appreciate the creativity in some of those items - but - - -

I figure if anything is on the counter that needs a cover, it does not deserve counter space and should be put away. But some people like that look - the trick is to know who prefers what.

Last edited by bearisgray; 06-14-2016 at 08:01 AM.