Thread: Precut SBS
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 07:32 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I always did Sue by EB method using fusible interfacing, sewing 1/4" seam then turning it inside out. Love using a buttonhole stitch with black thread to attach her to the background fabric.
Yes, this was how I was thinking of doing it.....
i don't want to use just a fusible like wonder under, windowing of course. I think this precut kit is including the turn under seam allowance, so fusible interfacing seems to be the alternative to hand turning. Yes, I know about freezer paper using mono thread and tiny zigzag, but I would have to draw the pieces 1/4" smaller onto freezer paper to create the templates. Have done that before.

jane quilter- I am very familiar with all appliqué techniques, so don't need to get a beginner book and enlarging my skill level. I just threw this out to this virtual guild to reinforce what I was thinking as far as " doing" this kit I had forgotten I had. This technique would give me the look of hand app, but for me, not.

The funny side note is now I remember the history of this little SBS. Bought to make for then toddler gd - who now is 22.......I'll make and save for future ggd!