Thread: Excited!
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 11:50 AM
DonnaFreak

Default Excited!

Howdy yall ☺

My sister is doing a major cleaning of her house...hauling a lot of stuff out and rearranging. She called me over the weekend and told me that in clearing out her "junk room" she had found two vintage sewing machines and a small serger that she wants me to come get! She didn't know the model numbers, but told me that one of them is an old Singer with a shuttle bobbin! Since we're in the process of moving, I will wait until we're in the new house before I go get them. I can't wait to see what I'm getting!

On another note, I picked up a singer red-eye for $10 at a yard sale this weekend! It was just the machine itself without a cabinet, but since there is no motor or belt on it I'm assuming it was a treadle. It is missing the plate over the bobbin area and the bobbin case, and the bobbin area is full of lint and grunge. It has some surface rust on it and when I turned the wheel the needle didn't move, even though the wheel moved easily enough. I'm hoping to put a hand crank on it if I can find out how to get it working. But if not, I'll just shine it up the best I can and use it as a doorstop when I get my new she-shed/quilting studio set up. But for ten bucks I just couldn't leave her sitting there. 😀

Donna