Thread: guild ??
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 05:37 PM
quiltingshorttimer

I belong to 2 guilds--my local, large general guild--we have lots of charity opportunities, monthly meetings (day & repeated at night), programs at all meetings, almost monthly workshops--usually taught by members but sometimes big names, an annual show, activities to introduce sewing to kids, beginner classes free for the membership (our other workshops are usually free or minimum fee) and just a great group. We are also one of 15 guilds that organize a huge regional show in the KC area. My machine quilters guild is mostly long arm quilters, but there are others in the guild too--we meet quarterly and have a charity project once a year. the focus is only on the machine quilting--the programs are mostly big name quilters (Dusty Farrell, Pat Barry, Angela Walters, Kris Viera, Janet Stone, etc) and very helpful--probably about half are professional quilters and all are very helpful to each other.

With any guild, the more you contribute and attend meetings, the more you get from the group. Go for it!