View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 05:53 AM
Pagzz

Originally Posted by hray View Post
Hi, all,
I picked up my first 2016 Row by Row pattern today. Last year I bought several kits but only made a few so I've resolved that I'll only get patterns this year.

My question is: for the contest, how closely does your row have to match the shop's demo? Is it enough to just follow their pattern or must you use their special fabrics, special embellishments, embroidery machine designs (yes, the one I picked up today had that as an option to buy)?

If anyone has an answer I'd love to know! Thanks in advance.

Hallie
You can do it however you would like. I think one of the pluses of just getting patterns is you can use your color scheme. I am thinking of using elements from patterns and doing a more medallion style quilt this time.

I bought kits last year and they were fun. This year I don't think I will unless there is something special about the kit. I went to Shipshewana yesterday and Yoder's kit is pretty (a black silhouette of barns on solids in several shades). Since the barn silhouettes were already cut it fit my this year criteria for kit buying - if there is fussy/precision cutting already done and pretty fabrics in the kit, I'm getting it.

Last edited by Pagzz; 06-22-2016 at 05:55 AM. Reason: spelling