View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 11:01 AM
tuckyquilter

Default Sewing/Cutting

I say go with how it all works for you. You have to be comfortable in what your eyes rest on as you sew.
That said here are photo's of my sewing area.
I have a small, say 12 x12 sewing room (bedroom) that holds my fabric, one ironing board and a huge desk with the serger on it. I can cut there but have a cutting area in the garage. I sew on the 401A in the cabinet, the Singer 600 is on a folding table and the Janomie 415 is on the dining room table with one of those acrylic extensions tables. The Singer Redeye Treadle is at the end of the living/dining space. My goal is to get the 600 in the 2nd cabinet. AND get rid of the huge desk in the sewing room so the 401A & 600 can live in there. The treadle is in front of a window and I like to have the light. The photo of the sewing room is old and the Serger sits where the 600 sits in the photo. The TV is gone and a plastic 3 drawer bin sits in it's place with smaller cuts & squares of fabric I have 4-5 gals over once a month to sew and the folding table in the living room works great, along with the dining table.
Attached Thumbnails dueling-cabinets.jpg   cutting-table.jpg   sewing-room-area.jpg  

Last edited by tuckyquilter; 06-25-2016 at 11:03 AM.