View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 05:16 AM
lots2do

I have two spaces since we spend the year in two different places. In Florida, I have more space and am more set up than in Maine, so far.
Florida:
The second bedroom is mine except for when company comes. We have a blowup bed that goes in there then.
A white arrow sewing table that folds up for my Janome sits in the corner with a small Lifetime folding table next to it to support my projects.
A wall full of Ikea Expediet cabinets for storage and stash...
A large banquet table (also Lifetime) for cutting, mostly...
Another Lifetime 4 foot table to use as a desk but this hasn't been used much so I may rethink that.
Regular ironing board that stays up all the time, easily accessible, not in front of any bookshelves
I need an extra chair to sit in for handwork etc.
Everything folds so that when it becomes a guest room, there is room for guests!
This space has evolved. Once I started to actually sew in it, things had to be shifted around.

Maine:
Currently, I am also set up in a guest room that has a queen size bed in it, all the time. It isn't as big as the Floridian one We get a lot more company here so we need all the beds we can have.
I have another Arrow sewing table for the machine that lives here.
I have a big piece of shelving to put on the top of the washer and dryer to cut on. Perfect height but it is in a screened in porch so I have to take it down often. Not as ideal as I had thought it would be.
Regular ironing board.
Stash will probably live in under the bed boxes once I get more organized. DH researched and then bought these cool bed frames that eliminate the need for a box spring and allow you to put higher totes or two stacks of under the bed boxes under them.

Two things that I am still trying to figure out are the design walls for both places. They will need to come down when company comes.

I alternate between amused and a little frustrated when I see those pretty pictures of spaces with sewing machines on teeny tiny cute little vintage tables or desks. Probably the real sewing happens on a kitchen table or less attractive surface! I love to look at other people's sewing spaces,too, 'though!

Thanks for starting this thread. The pictures that have been posted here are great, too.