View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 05:15 AM
marcycn

Location: Inverness, Florida Lived in states MA (born/graduated) RI (twice) CA (3 times) MO (3 times) KY VA

Not my cutting. I have a cutting table and large mat and I have put bed risers under the legs to bring it up to ironing board level so my back doesn't hurt so much. It's the sewing. I can't sit for long - usually 15 minutes - and when I want to see the finished block or quilt of whatever I push through the pain and my 1/4" seam ends up anything but straight. I know better but always think I can just do a little more and in reality I can't. :-( Waited all my life for the time, place and room to quilt and it stinks that arthritis all up my back gets in the way. But hey, that's life! Sometimes when the sewing is too bad I just sit and take it all apart and start over. did that on the last top I just made. It looks great second try around. lol

I originally bought the colors to make a fold'n stitch wreath but couldn't just do that without doing a quilt first. Sometimes I get the colors right and other times not so much. :-(