Thread: Row By Row
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 02:27 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by roguequilter View Post
but ...the shops are not allowed to mail the rows until the game is over. and that's only if they have any kits or patterns left. a friend was traveling in Ohio & found a great row in a lqs there but it was the week before the game opened. the shop owner told her to call & she'd send one out here to washington state. she called & was told that they can't mail until after the 2016 row by row event ends in the fall.
Some of the shops are a little ridiculous with the rules. The lady you spoke of DID go into that shop in person so they should have mailed it to her now. I'd just say, at this point, sc$#% them and move on.

You can call the shops you want a kit from and pay for the kit now, and have them hold it until the mailing date is open. I did this. If you aren't trying to win a prize, what dif does a few months make? Some of the rows are amazing and some are just downright ugly and unimaginative, and I'm not going to put just anything into a quilt. I want the pretty rows only, of course! So, I look at them all online and then will have to preorder kits to be mailed to me in Oct, or whenever it is that they are free to do that.

I think there's some inequity in all this, since not everyone can travel and not everyone lives in states with a plethora of quilt shops. But... it is what it is.