View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 07:49 PM
Barb in Louisiana

I decided just to go ahead and do the quilt in 2 versions as a 108 square size. The fabrics noted are based on where the different colors are in the quilt. I used different colors for the borders so that you would get those measurements as a separate line item. The last item is 1/2 yard and that is supposed to be the binding. I don't know that this is accurate. EQ does not know it is a binding. EQ considers it a 1 inch border. Please use these yardages as an estimate and round up.

Edited to add: After watching the YouTube tutorial for the ruler, I don't think my numbers will do you much good. I don't know what size the strips the ruler calls for but all mine were cut at 2" except for the center which was 3.5 inches. You lose 1/4 inch per side for sewing, so the 2" logs finish at 1.5 inches and the center at 3 inches. I think you are going to have to break it down as some of the others suggested, after you draft out the block. If you do the block the way she says, you are likely to have a good bit of wasted fabric. I would try to cut the strips closer to the finished size plus 1/4" all around, so that I didn't lose a lot of fabric in the trimming. Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails 12-inch-lc-blocks-w3-borders-108x108-fabric.jpg  
Attached Files

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 07-18-2016 at 08:05 PM.