View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 06:05 AM
crashnquilt

Yes a dedicated embroidery machine is great! (at first) You think of tons of things too embroider. If you get a "single needle" machine, after a while you get fed up with having to do several thread color changes. Then you want to do an embroidery but you don't have the right stabilizer, so that project either gets put on the shelf or goes without embroidery. Then you think "I will embroider my quilts" Yep, wonderful idea, but then you realize that after the embroidery is done, you don't like how the back side looks.

Please don't think I'm trying to rain on your parade. You just really need to give this A LOT of thought.

If you go with single needle machine, are you prepared for lots of thread color changes.
Do you have the extra space for everything, i.e. different stabilizers, extra thread, machine hoops, enough space for doing embroidery

My experience is When I first got my embroidery machine I was thrilled beyond control, but the novelty soon wore off. I do enjoy embroidery but now I have to be in the mood to do it.