View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 10:38 AM
NoraB

Hi everyone! Well, I took the plunge and purchased the Polar Notions Fabric Organizers (they are the plastic ones). Now, one last question...whether you use comic boards or fabric organizers.........how do you "clip" the ends so they don't unroll? I've seen a few videos where they have a method of folding so the fabric stays put (on the comic boards) and other companies offer the "bolt clips". Others use rubber bands or cut off hose and use those around the boards. I'm concerned that I'm spending lots of $$$ to make sure my fabric is stored correctly....I just want to make sure when I secure the fabric...I'm being as careful. (archival quality, non acidic, rust free, etc.).

What do you all use to secure the fabric once you've folded it onto either your comic boards or the fabric organizers? Is plastic acid free? Is stainless steel acid free? Are rubber-bands acid free? I can look things up on google, but I really like to rely on everyone's experiences. I don't think I'll be storing this fabric for more than 20 years (hahahah)........but, just want to "preserve" it until I can use it up!

Thanks everyone for any comments you provide!