View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 03:49 PM
OurWorkbench

Singer Universal Baseboard

I believe the Singer universal baseboard is complete. Shown below is a picture of the original baseboard, with all of my notes about different machines and what clearances around the inner edge that they require. I have tried every machine I can get my hands on and it now fits all of them. Over several months of testing, one sewing machine at a time, each change would require a trip to the garage, using a small saw or rasp to create the needed clearance.

Recently, I made a template to nicely cut the inner edge and produced this new baseboard. Behind it is the original Singer universal baseboard with all of its many modifications noted.

(Singer Universal Board Complete)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]554590[/ATTACH]

I'm very pleased with the look. While being homemade, the new Singer universal baseboard looks a little less so. It still needs felt strips, but I took this picture beforehand to show the inner edge more clearly.

I'll be posting a better picture of the old baseboard with its many modifications and how it has guided the development of fastening methods for securing machines into the workstand. That will be coming shortly in the next post.

John
Attached Thumbnails singeruniversalfinal.jpg  

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 07-24-2016 at 04:02 PM.