View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 05:15 AM
SewingSew

I put a frozen roast in the bottom, add a pack of Lipton onion soup mix and 1/2 cup water. Cook on low for maybe 6 or 8 hours. Remove roast. Shred it and remove fat. Mix a cup of cold water with some flour for thickening (I use about 1/4 cup flour.) Add to crock pot along withe shredded beef. Cook an additional hour. Serve over steamed rice or wide egg noodles. I like to serve petite sweet peas as a side dish.

Cook 1 lb hamburger. Add to crockpot. Slice up a kielbasa and brown in saute pan. Add to crock. Optionally, also brown sweet and/or hot Italian sausage. Add that to crock. In olive oil, saute a large chopped green pepper a large green onion, chopped. Add that. Then add a couple cloves of garlic, diced, a teaspoon of oregano, 2 teaspoons of basil, a teaspoon of Italian seasoning, salt & pepper, mushrooms, large can of petite diced tomatoes, large can of crushed tomatoes, large can of tomato paste, and a teaspoon of sugar. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serve over pasta with black olives and garlic bread.

I cook dried beans in my crockpot. I sort them and wash them. Then I put them in the crock and cover with water to within 1 or 2 inches of the top of crock. At about 11:00pm I turn it on low heat. They are ready the next day at about 3:00 to 5:00pm. Serve them with cornbread to make a complete protein.

I make split pea soup in mine and white bean chile. Go to All Recipes for the recipes. I also put a pork roast in the crock, cook it on low about 6 hours, shredd it, return to crock and add barbeque sauce. Then cook for another half hour or so. Serve on hamburger buns with coleslaw and fries.

Scramble & brown either 1 lb sausage or hamburger. Put a large block of cheese in crock, add meat and 2 cans Rotel tomatoes. Heat on low until cheese melts. Serve with tortilla chips.

Sorry I didn't give exact amounts of everything, but I am a pinch of this, a dash of that, sort of cook. I have never shared my spaghetti sauce recipe until now, but it's very good.

Last edited by SewingSew; 07-26-2016 at 05:19 AM.