Thread: Boom 17 - TOPAZ
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 08:00 AM
Janice McC

Well, let's start with how you are taking pix. If you are using a iphone, the easiest way is to send the pix to yourself and after you click send, it asks you what size email you want. Choose the option that makes the pix come up to 200kB or less. So if you have 5 pix, the email should be 1 MB total, no more. When the email comes in, save those new smaller photos (files) and post those instead of the large ones. You'll still have your original large files as well as the small ones then.

If you are using a camera you connect to a computer to upload photos, your computer should have an editing program. You may be able to click on the photo, on mine it's right click, to edit. Then it probably gives you the option to resize. That's what you want. If your pic is 1.2MB, I'd select resize at between 10 and 20 percent. You can also save size by cropping the pic, getting rid of anything in the background that you don't need. For example, if you take a pic of a block on a table, I'd crop the table right the heck out of there. All that extra stuff is data you don't need.

Does this help at all? If you can be more specific about how you take pix, probably at least one of us can help.
Originally Posted by francie yuhas View Post
I would appreciate someone telling me how to shrink my photos...do yo wash them in really hot water��,or what?