View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 02:21 AM
Sandygirl

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Why oh why do we feel that we have to justify what we spend on things that make us happy???? It's not like if we splurged a little on a lovely piece of fabric our families will starve, or we won't be able to pay the electric bill that month. I'm absolutely certain we are all responsible adults and manage our money wisely. I have NEVER seen a husband try to justify his hobby the way we do; in fact, most husbands go the other way and try to justify why they DO need something! So why do we turn into martyrs and deny ourselves the pleasure of splurging a little on some yardage, or buying a new book or new tool?

I Agree!! I have also witnessed couples shopping for a sewing machine for her and HE is urging her to buy UP and she protests! I loved it when the man looked at the machine dealer and said.."She will take this one". I almost cheered out loud!!

I don't apologize for my expenditures. It is no ones' business...I have worked since I was 17. ( thank you feminists.). We are a two income family with zero dependents. We live modestly compared to Facebook posts.....we both love our hobbies. Truth be known, DH is the bargain hunter! Lol!
sandy