View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 09:51 AM
Cari-in-Oly
Banned

Originally Posted by SB13 View Post
I had googled it a while back, and can not find it now? But it said they were basically the same thing. Tri flow also has teflon added to it, don't know how good that is for a machine over the years? Sewing machine oil is cheaper, and you can't go wrong with using the product that was meant for sewing machines. JMOHO
I don't know what you read that would say Tri Flow is the same as 3in1 oil, but that is just so wrong. Tri Flow is highly recommended by most vintage sewing machine repair people on all of the 20+boards and groups I belong to. All light weight oils, including sewing machine oil, dissipate over time, and the teflon that Tro Flow has in it does not gunk up and leave a varnish like substance behind like 3in1 or products like WD40 will. The teflon left behind is added protection to prevent wear at metel to metal friction points. The first oiling my machines get is always Tri Flow and I've never had any of them freeze up again or show any signs of gunk left behind. The only place I don't use it is any place that has a wick.

Cari

Last edited by Cari-in-Oly; 08-13-2016 at 09:53 AM.