Thread: juki
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Barbm

I bought a Juki 98q. It came last week and I've been sewing non-stop practically. As recommended, read the manual first- it really helped. I've made a tablecloth and 8 napkins using the rolled hem attachment. Finished a UFO baby quilt with the 1/4" free motion foot. Working on a table runner to match the napkins and tablecloth. I still have a set of curtains to make to match. (Daughter is going to Japan and the sizes of tables and windows are so weird!)

I'm waiting for my frame- a handiquilter. It was to be shipped yesterday. I plan on setting the Juki on it and leaving it there.

I bought the frame, used, from Craiglist and the Juki from EBay. I was going to purchase locally but the nearest place was 1 1/2 hrs. away. The draw of free shipping from Ebay and having my own UPS acct. from work for the frame allowed me to save about $500 overall. I was patient and watched for deals and price comparison shopped before deciding on the Juki and handiquilter.

So, it's like Christmas- having a new toy to play with. I do feel guilty a bit because it's expensive, but it is already paying off with the ease of the projects being made and the results just look so much better (I'm stopping short of professional- I've seen the pics of quilts done by people here and I'm in no way on their level of expertise).

Barb