View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 03:22 PM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

My sewing room looks like fabric exploded all over. I have a storage unit (a bookcase, deep, with doors) that I can't even get into because I have boxes and boxes and moveable storage units sitting in front of it. I have boxes of fabric to the ceiling. My ironing board is a long dresser with a square board on top. I have the dresser full. I have a huge bookcase full of fabric. I have a tall, 6 1/2 ft. Dresser full of fabric. The closet is full of fabric. I have two long tables and underneath I have Rubbermaid tubs full of fabric and when I say fabric I mean kits, kits, kits, full lines of fabric including fat quarter bundles, layer cakes, charm packs, jelly rolls and lots of yardage of the fabric. I have tons of fabric and I don't want to get rid of it butt I can't hardly sew since there is fabric on my cutting board and I have to put that on my already full ironing board to cut something. We are planning on selling and moving to a bigger place in the spring but I need to do something in the meantime. I have given away at least 50 quilt kits to members here and on my blog and am still exploding. And when I say boxes I mean fabric boxes, Rubbermaid tubs, baskets, etc. And I have two bookcases in the computer room filled with some of my book and some of my magazines. I have shelves on my sewing room wall with lots of magazines and books already. I doubt I will ever even open them again. I should just throw them out. They go back years and years. I really can't organize because there is not an inch of space left. I do need a bigger room. I asked my husband if I could move it into the master bedroom and we could sleep in the sewing room and he said no. He thought I was crazy for suggesting that. Maybe since he went into my sewing room today and couldn't maneuver around, he might agree now.

Last edited by jcrow; 08-27-2016 at 03:36 PM.