Old 08-30-2016, 12:51 PM
zozee

Originally Posted by Sandrea View Post
Oh how I wish I could do that to my stash, but I just have so much, I am tired just thinking about how and where to start. Yours looks so beautiful. I sure admire your spunk.....wish I knew where to start.
Not sure wha t to tell you other than what helped (helps) me when overwhelmed with stuff to purge (not just fabric excess). But let's use fabric stash since it's the topic.

1 . Set the timer for 15 minutes. Much more than you think can be done in just 15. Plus, you have a stopping point if you're not wanting to continue .

2. Choose a drawer, a bin, a shelf to purge. Just one. Not a closet, a dresser, a room. Keep it bite size mentally.

3. Rate your fabric. I decided to give each piece a number rating from 1-10. Fast. Not overthinking it. I only kept it if it was an 8,9, or 10. I know when I'm honest with myself that if I don't like it enough to give it an 8, I won't use it. I just won't. "Someday" means "never".

4. Take your giveaway bag to your car, and drop it off to wherever you can donate it quickly. Let others take over the decision of where to donate it. You can give away stuff on this board ot hold contests, or offer it for sale, but that takes time. If you want to see real headway immediately, just get it out of the house.

5. Don't be manipulated by guilt--yours or anyone else's. Think of the end goal: only having to store, handle, use, and admire what brings you joy.

Having said that, I need to set my timer now do the next thing.

Last edited by zozee; 08-30-2016 at 12:53 PM.