View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 08:28 AM
Tothill

Default House plants, do you have any?

I realized this summer that most my friends do not have house plants. A friend commented on the house plants I have and then I clued in that she does not have any.

Do you have house plants? What type? Do you have seasonal house plants? Do you try to re-bloom house plants (if they are blooming ones)?

I have a variety; an African Violet on my kitchen windowsill that blooms for 3 months of the year. A spider plant that is actively putting out new plants and flowers. A jade plant that I started from one leaf that is now almost a foot tall. Three different orchids, one in full bloom, one re-blooming and one that decided to start another plant in the same pot.

I have two vining plants, one twines around things, the other just grows long leafy vines that I have to pin up. The second one is 19 years old, in the original pot with the original soil. I am amazed that it has survived so long.

I have three Amaryllis on the deck, they will come in before the first frost and should bloom in the winter.

Lastly I have a Calamondin Orange plant that is over 3 feet tall. It had dozens of little oranges in the spring and has bloomed repeatedly during the summer. It spends the summer on the deck, but will come inside soon.