Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
House plants, do you have any? >

House plants, do you have any?

House plants, do you have any?

Old 09-08-2016, 08:48 AM

Oh I love plants, I have Jade plant, spider, asparagus, philodendron's, ( about 5 of these ones) a Chinese coin, Christmas cactus, spring cactus and a few others .
Old 10-07-2016, 12:45 PM

All my plants are outside; plumeria, hibiscus, purple jew, plain and variegated spider plants, Norfolk pine, but inside I have one Espresso Violet and four Phalaenopsis violet plants. Plumeria and hibiscus will need to come in for the winter.
Old 10-07-2016, 06:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
Before I moved to Texas, I lived in an apartment and had about 30 plants. Every room had a plant. My kids loved and helped care for them. I sold a couple and gave my oldest son the ones he wanted. He still has a couple or maybe more. I bought a couple when I got down here but our home doesn't have the right lighting for the plants I had and also the positions in the rooms were off compared to the apartment. I just said the heck with it. So until we get another house, I'm not having anymore plants. DH has a very green thumb. He just sticks things in dirt and they grow. I am positive he can grow another tree from a popsicle stick or a toothpick.
This is so funny. Going back about 55 years now, a neighbor spent several years trying to get a peach tree to grow in his front yard, with no luck. On the way to school one spring day, I noticed the dead tree and next to it the stake holding the dead tree in place. Low and behold the stake had taken root and was sprouting branches. It grew into a nice looking tree. amazing, the earth mother finally gave this old man a tree of her choosing.
peace
Old 10-07-2016, 06:27 PM

Nope - allergies. that says it all.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:01 PM

All I have now is an aloe or kitchen plant as I've heard it called. I do keep it in the kitchen to use for burns. About ten years ago I got rid of all my houseplants. They were everywhere in the house. I had one bedroom that had a humidifier where the picky ones lived. The sunporch had a ton too. I realized one day that I needed to simplify my life and responsibilities. By the time you feed, water, groom, repot, mist, etc. a lot of time is taken. Now there is more time to quilt, knit, read and so on.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:26 AM
Power Poster

I love house plants and used to have a few pretty flowering also. My Christmas cactus finally gave up. I had some wheat grass and cat nip for my indoor kitty Zoey. She no longer lets me keep plants. I'd wake up to dirst and pots all over the floor. So the reason i do not have a dog or house plants is my kitty Zoey.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:16 AM

I have 3 african violets, a pothos, prayer plant, christmas cactus and a couple I'm not sure what they are. I like house plants but must keep them up on the top shelf of a bakers rack or top of computer cabinet, I have 2 cats that like to eat them. I would love to have a large fig tree or fiddle leaf fig but I'm afraid they will dig in them. I do have lots of potted plants on my patios but have to keep them covered in the winter when we have freezing weather.