View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 04:57 AM
OurWorkbench

BASEBOARD DEVELOPMENT

We now have a total of seven baseboards for use with the workstand. I'm taking pictures for the manual I'm writing and thought I'd post it here, too. I got the Kenmore board done only recently, so this is the first picture of the whole group together. It shows the versatility of the workstand.

(Selection of Baseboards)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]557270[/ATTACH]

(A) Singer Universal (Light Gray) - This baseboard will fit a great majority of machines that you encounter. It was the standard for Singer sewing machines for more than half a century, as well as a great number of clones and even competitive manufacturers to Singer, such as Necchi, Brother and many of the Japanese clones.

(B) Kenmore (Army Green) - This baseboard will fit most Kenmore machines. They can be identified by looking at he corners, which are more square than other machines.

(C) White (White) - This baseboard will fit many older White machines. The machines this baseboard fits may be identified by their more rounded corners, having a larger radius.

(D) Singer Three-Quarter (Light Green) - The three-quarter sizes of Singers and some other manufacturers may fit into this board. The cutout, as the name implies, is smaller than the standard size sewing machine.

(E) Singer 221 Featherweight (Yellow) - This baseboard fits the popular Featherweight, made by Singer. The shape and size of the machine never changed over the many years that it was manufactured and this baseboard will fit any of them. This baseboard has a different method of securing the machine to the swing frame, using its own specialized crossbar.

(F) Singer VS-2 (Light Blue) - This baseboard was made for a VS-2 machine we acquired. It is specific only to that machine, so it sees little use.

(G) Weed (Black) - This is a baseboard made for a very old Weed sewing machine that we have. Similar to above, it only sees use with this particular Weed machine.

More soon,

John
Attached Thumbnails sevenbaseboards.jpg