Thread: Servicing Woes
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 08:04 AM
squires1042

Some machines have heft and right timing someone who does not know this can really mess up a machine it definitely needs to be corrected before it does more damage. It was obviously someone who does not know about machines that worked on it.

Originally Posted by GarageDragon View Post
Well, my Husqvarna Viking Freesia was due it's first service (Stitch quality - and length - had begun to be a little variable, and I could see lint build up that I couldn't get to (I tried to get the housing off to have clean myself, but couldn't). Anyway, we're more than a little limited in my neck of the woods, so I ended up taking it in to the place where I'd had my daughter's machine sorted out (they appear to have done a good job for her, but it took about two months). Five weeks later I have my machine back - but something is not right! The machine seems really noisy now, and I'm also getting a clicking noise every time the needle goes up and down. I was also disconcerted to find oil in the bobbin area (the Freesia is self lubriating and - following the manual's instruction - I have assiduously not oiled. But perhaps when being serviced oil is added somewhere?). I don't know what to do! I was so relieved to finally have it back (I have been using my daughter's machine in the interim, but it is not the same - and I have a bag to make which her machine could not cope with). I know that the machines were sent off site this time around (last time I was told - repeatedly - that their engineer was unavailable, this time that they were waiting for a call to pick up the machines). Does it ever take a little time to 'bed' the machine in after a service? Does anyone know about the oiling issue?